This role handles incoming calls and places outbound calls to collect and or make payment arrangements on credit card debt. The candidate works on auto dialer and also makes manual phone calls.
- Knowledge of proper and ethical debt collection techniques.
- Ability to quickly build a picture of a customers’ personal circumstances and needs.
- Strong negotiating, counselling, and problem solving skills.
- Experience of collecting first and third party accounts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to be discreet while working with confidential information.
- Able to work well as a team and on own initiative.
- Recovering money from people who have taken out loans.
- Working with Credit Controllers to contact debtors to pursue payment.
- Making outbound collection calls to debtors.
- Reducing the outstanding debt owed to a company.
- Responding to telephone inquiries using standard scripts and procedures.
- Working with debtors to work out payments.
- Following up clients on previous payment arrangements.
- Locating and establishing contact with debtors.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date customer account information.
- When necessary liaising with solicitors and bailiffs.
- Daily banking and processing received cheques and cash.
- Reviewing the arrears of clients.
- Negotiating settlements with clients.
- Taking ownership of debt collection cases.
- Maintaining appropriate and comprehensive records of all customer discussions.
- Reporting daily progress against targets to the Team Leader.